My top three books for becoming a better Human at Work:
Manage Your Day-to-Day – edited by Jocelyn K. Glei
– a fantastic overview of how to make your work days more productive and balanced
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
– timeless wisdom and classic stoic philosophy capturing the thoughts of one individual searching for how to live up to his best potential.
The Collected Stories of Lydia Davis
– very short stories about the big little details of human existence.
FURTHER RECOMMENDED READING:
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Habit Stacking By S.J. Scott
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
- The Tyranny of E-Mail by John Freeman
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson, Ph.D.